Last week, we talked about the input and output. We also touched on many technologies for example the Google wallet, radio frequency identification (RFID), voice recognition, etc... These technologies help us to facilitate our daily lives. In the text book, I found out other than the technologies we talked in class, there are many more devices that can help us a lot too. For example like the printers, interactive whiteboards, monitors, etc... These are devices that we always use, without the help of those devices, it makes things very hard to complete.
The technologies that I found interesting is the Google wallet and the "Starbucks phone pay" application. It was my first time to get to know the Google wallet. It is really a great application, and I also found it very useful. Cash is not popular nowadays, people tend to bring less cash but a credit card. So what if we don't need to bring a credit card too? We directly install our credit card into our phone which is an essential device in our daily lives. We don't even need to bring our wallet out. It is safe to use too, which you need to enter a PIN in order to use it. So if someone else stole your phone or you lost it yourself, you still would not need to worry about it. The only pullback of this application is that it only supports MasterCard. While this technology continue to develop and being accepted by people, hopefully most major credit company will cooperate with Google Wallet.
Merging this technology with my idea, it can be used in any kind of retail business. If I were going to set up a shop or restaurant for this dessert pizza, I will certainly use this technology. It is easy for customers and it makes it easy for us too. Even though this technology wasn't wildly used, I think that it is a great idea to develop. I will also use what Starbucks is doing today. It is easy, simply use the technology of bar code. Customer simply buys a gift card from Starbucks and install a application from your phone (which is free), then while you pay, just give the staff your phone and she will scan the bar code, in this case you would not need to use any cash. You can store money in your card too, and you also receives benefits. For example Starbucks is going to donate part of your drink price to charity which encourages people to use this technology. I found it very useful, and I am sure that if I have the chance to set up a store, I will definitely use it.
I think integrating things such as mobile payments through google wallet will make selling to your market easier and faster. Starbucks has a great app, i would highly suggest you model your system off of how starbucks works because they have been very successful.
ReplyDeleteYes! I am using the app myself too. It was very helpful and convenient. If I can use it in my idea, I think it will greatly help my idea to prosper as people can buy things to eat easily.
ReplyDelete